Monday, August 30, 2010

Frame done

So this weekend I was finally able to complete the frame for the pedestal surface.

Frame was built from steel and welded. The mirror and projector mounts are both adjustable. I did find that the throw was too long however and seems to make the desktop too big (just slightly) and so I have to either extend the projector towards the mirror or raise the mirror up higher to shrink it just slightly.

Test video output was good to show the projection size on the surface

Couple of issues however were found once everything was buttoned up.

1) The 2 lasers I was having trouble with before are truly bad. Ive tested power and they both are getting full power but they fade in and out of useable laser strength. The other 2 lasers work perfect. I have submitted for an RMA from PeauProductions where I bought them from.
2) The projector flicks on and off at times. I am wondering if it is a heat issue because the unit does get pretty warm when on bright settings. I may have to come up with a cooling solution for it as well.
3) The afformentioned display size being too large.

Here are some pics of the unit, ignore the messy area....




No comments:

Post a Comment