Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Table...

Ok... so for a proof of concept we are doing a pedestal style. I picked up some 24"x48" plexi, a bunch of misc parts and stuff and made the laser mounts, wired them up to a power supply, mounted them to the board and aligned them. Everything went well except one laser fluctuates on power while another is just low power. The other 2 are just fine... so I am thinking it might be my soldering job. Im going to pull them apart and re-solder them to test... and if that still doesnt work I will have to send them back as faulty lasers.

Matt posted up the vid I sent him.... lasers do really well with the camera filter. I also ordered some new lenses as I am not really impressed with the 2.1mm fisheye. Its offcentered and just not pleasing. It would better work in an enclosed wide box and not an open frame. New lenses should get here this thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment